Friday, May 4, 2012

Prom 2012



Last week was Prom, and boy can I tell you it was a good time! I felt so honored to be able to go my Sophomore year with an awesome kid like Hayden! For our day date we went on a hike. . . at 5:15 in the morning. Originally, we were going at 4:30, then it was switched to 5:50. The night before, I set my alarm for 5:15 thinking I'll be fine. Well, when my alarm went off, my phone vibrated with a text. Guess who it was? Hayden. Guess what he said? They were there. I don't think I have ever jumped out of my bed that fast that early in the morning in my entire life. So, I threw on some sweats, pulled my hair up into a ponytail (or half ponytail rather) and flew out the door.

We, as in Me; Hayden; Kolten; and Carson, then went and picked up the other two girls in the car: Christa and Mary. Then after that, we drove up to Provo canyon where we met the three other couples in the group: Miles and his girlfriend of whom I forgot her name, Daniel and Aubrey, and Connor and Ally. From here, we followed Connor up the canyon. But instead of turning into Sundance like we were supposed to, we kept driving. All the way to Deer Creek about 10 miles from Heber. By then, the sun had risen and the boys' plans to watch the sunrise were in the bag. We backtracked anyway to Sundance and did our hike up to Bridal Veil Falls. It was absolutely beautiful! Kolten, Hayden, and Carson went off and did their thing so I found a nice little nook overlooking the area. The mountains were landscaped, and the trees all meshed into a green blanket. Not even the littlest sound interrupted the peaceful silence that overwhelmed that area for the half hour I sat there thinking. Those moments always end too fast, though, and we were on the road by 10 o'clock and I was home by 10:30.

I was being picked back up at 5:30- or so they told me- so I went over to Shay's house at 3 to get my hair and make-up done by her mom's friend Gabbe (She did a fabulous job!!), and I made sure I was ready by 5:30. In actuality, I was picked up about 6, which was fine! After that, we went up to Connor's house where we were to have pictures and dinner. I thought it was funny when we got there and Connor whipped out his camera and told people to pose. That was really how we got our pictures done too. For the group pictures Ally's mom took them. I chuckled inside myself. For dinner, we had Costa Vida, which is the next best thing compared to Cafe Rio! I loved it, and basically, I had to restrain myself from inhaling my plate. 

The rest of the night was the dance up at Sleepy Ridge Golf Course. Everybody knows my love of dances, and this one was no different! Basically, the fact that dances exist is why I exist. Just kidding. But seriously, they are the best possible time you can have. And the best time is what I had! 

1 comment:

  1. Truly gorgeous inside and out! :) SO glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Annotations