Friday, June 17, 2011

Eat, Pray, Love

Since it's summer, I took the time to stay up until the odd hours of the night to watch a movie. I was browsing through the instant netflix and found this. I've heard about it, but never really found an interest in watching it. But I did today. I loved it! I've realized that I love almost anything I watch whether it be some stupid Nicholas Sparks movie or this. But I really do mean that I love it.

It makes me want to travel. Go try a plate full of spaghetti in Italy even though I hate spaghetti. Go meditate in India even though I don't know how. Go find love in Bali even though I'm way too young, and my mother would be shocked at hearing something like that. In this movie, though, the main idea was the romantic kind of love, but what it didn't show was the love that you find for the people, for the culture, for those things that really do matter most instead of the old cliches.

I also found this book hiding in its little nook in Ashley's closet. I can't wait to read it. Of course, though, I'll finish Gone With The Wind first! I found that movie on instant netflix as well, and I can't wait to sit down again at midnight to watch it.

I think this summer is going to be filled with nights of just me, myself, and I watching chick flick after chick flick, and I'm okay with that. Sometimes, it's better that way. Maybe, along the way, I'll learn how to meditate, and India won't be so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations