Friday, June 24, 2011

As Of Lately

I find people have all these cool stories to blog about, and so I start thinking there's something terribly wrong with me when I don't. I've come to terms with it, though. I know now that my life in the summer is a complete bore. I do nothing besides either sit at my house or go swimming. And, like I said, I've come to terms with it. How great is that feeling that you can do nothing today, go to sleep late, and wake up late because you know you have absolutely nothing planned the present day. It's fantastic.

I'm going to completely contradict myself now, though, and tell you all of the news as of late. The first and foremost is my braces. I finally got them off and boy does that check off feel good! After going through almost two years (this is where we hit our first problem. The Orthodontist told me a year and a half at the latest. Ha, yeah, nope.) of appliances you have to turn creating five gaps in totally odd and random places resulting in my smile and overall me looking like a complete freak; the braces cutting my gums and making it impossible for me to eat or else every single tooth will fall off; and, at one time, 9 elastics in my mouth, (I ended with only five, but the point is, the Ortho said it would work, he just didn't tell me that I would look, again, like a complete fool doing it), I thought it appropriate to have a small party. So, I called over two of my great friends Mia and Caleb and we drove (My mom did; sucks still not being all the way legal) down to our local Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and had ourselves an apple. IT. WAS. GOOD!
This is the general selection. I had the Cookies and Cream Apple :)



I was also a nerd and went with my sister Lauren to the performance of the French Camp participants at BYU. Besides wanting to go, I had a good reason and that was to watch our good friend Mared Blakely perform. What it is, first, is a bunch of kids who have a love for french go for three weeks and learn the language and culture of France, and then, at the end of the three weeks, which in this case was yesterday, they all perform skits and musical pieces in french to show what they've learned. It's entertaining, that's all I can say. Oh, and Mared did an awesome job! I can most definitely say that too. :)

To end my day completely, I went to Miller park (which I have no idea where it is, I think 150 West? It sounded right when I said it) and played steal the flag with Kasey McMullin and, wait for it, a bunch of boys. I made a fool of myself, no doubt. Seeing that my gluteus maximus is broken from speed walking the Timp. Cave hike (they don't allow you to run), sprinting after guys who are already really fast was nearly impossible. I did it, though, and didn't catch one of them. I may have been the cause of my team's loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations