Friday, April 6, 2012

'Tis Friday

For the past two weeks (or some such time period), I have been a crippled little person. To save you the disgusting details, I will just tell you that I got an ingrown toenail a little while back, and, well, it irrupted into a ginormous problem and hassle and pain. . . literally.

Wednesday two weeks ago I had been up all night because my toe was throbbing and literally killing me slowly. *just kidding* And so I stayed home that day. I spent the day watching Grey's Anatomy and not walking on my foot. Then, when my mother returned home, and when the time reached 3:30, I went to the doctor's office. The doctor looked at my toe, cringed and said, "yeah, that's bad! Well, you have two options. 1. you can have me numb it and then take out the nail or 2. you can just lay down and bear through it."

Let me add a little side note. The numbing shot went up the top of my toe and down under the nail into all of the nerves. Bearing through it would mean that she clipped the nail around the part of my toe that was throbbing and bleeding and pussing (sorry too far) for the past week and a half resulting in me not even being able to wear a shoe due to the pressure and enormous pain that was caused because of said pressure. Basically, both options really sucked, and I told the doctor that too. She just laughed and waited for me to decide. I couldn't do it. I sat there, trying not to cry, not wanting to do either. So, my mom and the doctor decided for me. I watched the doctor get her clippers out, I was told to lay down, my mom leaned over me with my hands in hers and the process began. Fortunately, the pain was numbed a little because I was biting my lip and squeezing my mom's hands so hard, but still, there was enough pain to be very painful. If that even makes sense!

The problem with the whole process, though, was not getting the nail out. The problem was that when the nail was actually out, nothing happened. No pressure was relieved and my toe hurt just as much as it did when I had arrived at the office. The doctor said that that wasn't normal. So, she told me to go home, soak my toe multiple times in water and epsom salt, put Polysporin on the wound, and wrap it well.

Exhibit A:

Long story short, it worked! Bless doctors' hearts! Honestly, though, this little ordeal was one of the most painful experiences I have ever gone through in my life. I'm just glad that it's over. Almost. My toe is still healing, and it's still a little sensitive if I touch in in certain ways or add too much pressure on it, but, yet it is healing so that's good! And I don't have to have the big bandages any more too. I looked like big foot. . . But in toe form.

*Transition to a completely different subject.

For the past two days, I have had a mini spring cleaning with my room. It's been a mess for the last couple of months and I just couldn't stand it anymore, so I completely changed it. I rearranged it, went through binders, folders, drawers, and baskets, threw away A LOT of papers, and --the most scary part-- I went through my closet. Two very full garbage bags of clothing later, I am done with my closet as well as my room!

 Can you believe that every single one of those hangers were at one point occupied by a shirt or dress or skirt or some kind of particle of clothing? My accumulation of clothing through the year is sickening. This is why I clean it out, and this is why cleaning it out is so scary. :)

Also, just a side note, I was wanting a snack earlier today, and when I was looking in my pantry, I saw a package of popcorn. My mouth watered, so my hand reached for it, opened it, and put it in the microwave. This is what it looked like when it was done:

That was lame. . . Funny, though, definitely funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment