Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Blast From The Past

Today for young womens we had a chocolate and music appreciation night. We all brought our favorite chocolate treat along with a song that had a memory attached to it or even just a favorite song. Well, I wanted to get a song with a good memory attached to it, so I pulled out all of our old CDs: Now 19, Now 10, Yanni, The Judds. . . . and then I came upon a little tape, and this song started playing.


Because we were weird kids (but I'm finding out that most people my age did this when they were little) we made a ton of home videos, and this song was in most of them. listening to this song just brings back all of my childhood memories: cartwheels in the front yard during the summer, going over to Judy King's house every day to get a popsicle, rollerblading down the big hill on my street, of course making all of our movies like Big Booty, The Sisters, Sound of Music. . . Sometimes I miss those times. It was so simple and happy. It feels good to remember it, though, even if it's by listening to a simple song. 

The song I picked really wasn't the most interesting, though. . .


This story is simple. When I was younger, Sydney my cousin and I along with her brother Trevor would go on car rides at 10 o'clock at night. Those car rides consisted of the blasting of two songs- Burnin' Up by the Jonas Brothers and If I Didn't Have You by Emily Osmond and Mitchell Musso. We would go for hours listening to them over and over screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs. The whole experience was so exhausting, but yet oh so fun!

In Memory of all my childhood memories, I came home and youtubed all of the old songs I would listen to over and over and over again.
 Does anyone remember the A*Teens?

Good spin on the ABBA song, right? :)

 This one was my absolute favorite. In my room, I had a little stereo and I would put my A*teen CD in it, put this song on repeat, and dance and sing for hours.

How about remembering the Disney Channel show Lizzie McGuire? In one of the episodes, Miranda and Lizzie dance to the song called Us Against the World by Play. I will never forgive my mom for not getting it for me. . . .

Such quality the 90s had. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations