Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Defying Gravity


We took our journey up to Salt Lake at about 5 o'clock Saturday evening thinking that we could just grab some dinner and then go to the play. Well, after walking all over City Creek and asking three different restaurants how long their wait was and finally just getting into the massive line at Kneaders, we arrived in front of the Capitol Theater looking at the glorious sign that announced Wicked was playing that night and the lovely fact that we would attend. Because everybody else and their dog loves Wicked too, my mother bought individual tickets for the four of us. I was hoping that I would sit by some attractive boy who would prove to be my eternal companion but my dad, mom, and sister all bet that instead I would sit by some 80 year old man. Guess who was right? Disappointingly, not me.   My dad didn't get it any much better, however. The woman next to him started singing Defying Gravity. Out loud!  A couple of times I wanted to burst out in song too, but I refrained.

Nonetheless, This was something I had been waiting and waiting to do, and all my waiting paid off because it was amazing!! The voices, the costumes, everything about it just gave me chills the entire play through. I was on the edge of my seat the entire play and not because the woman behind me kept hitting my ear with her fan. . it most definitely was a good time. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great post and all, but I think I have it memorized by heart! When are you going to post something new?

    ReplyDelete

Annotations