Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Post on the Glorious Subject of Chemicals. Kind Of.

Because it was Monday, Dani, Tiff, and I made our routine visit to Starbucks where we spent a few hours trying to be productive, and get some homework done. Then we left, and my body was immediately faced with the possibility of entering into the afterlife by death of hypothermia. It was cold. So, I ran into my house (when I had arrived there, of course) turned up the heat to 74 (don't tell my dad. The rule is 72. . . whoops) grabbed a nice big comforter blanket and planted myself right on top of a heat vent. Because I was keen on being productive, I opened my Chemistry text book, and decided to try to fully understand the unit we're in. It's a bit hazy- basically, that's what everything is. I got about. . . two pages -- maybe -- into my reading and I began to look like this:
When I finally woke up at 5:40, I didn't look so hot according to my father. I walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water, and as soon as he saw me, his eyes got big, his jaw dropped, and he said, "What have you been doing?! Sleeping?!
"Yeah! I have my own personal sedative called Chemistry. Puts me to sleep every time. . .," I replied.
And there is absolute truth to that statement. I need to start getting caffeine or something before I start attempting to understand that foreign land. 

Needless to say, it was a REALLLLLLY good nap. . . Having a constant source of heat enveloping you as you live in dream land for two hours. Man, it feels rejuvenating. AND the Chemistry homework is done! Even if I basically bombed 3 tests today -- one of which was completely bogus, and I couldn't believe I was actually forced to take the ridiculous thing, but I won't get into that -- and I have another Chemistry test on Thursday, life still goes on. I only have two more weeks until Christmas break, and it's warm, and I'm not going to die of hypothermia.

That statement is more or less temporary. Seeing as I have goosebumps on my arms, I still could. Thank goodness for heaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations