Monday, January 23, 2012

Eight Hour Wonders

The thing with science fair projects is that we only think about the actual experiment. We don't think about having to display it; having to write the paper about it. That, my friends, is the hardest part. I am here to testify. Once the time come that I actually had to start thinking about that part of the process, I underestimated the amount of time it would take. My mindset was to stay up until it was done on Saturday.

I. Was. Wrong.

When I woke up Saturday morning and started to try to analyze all of the data I received from the surveys, I became instantly overwhelmed. So, I called up Shaylee who I knew would also be working on her project. Pleading to come over, I did. Brock (her older brother) was a gem and walked me through the logical way of analyzing the loads of numbers and results I had, so we got to work. Adding, subtracting, dividing, graphing. . . . it was a party. By 5 o'clock that night, we finally finished and I went on my way with the determination to get the project done that night.


 By, like 6:30 in the morning, I just gave up going to bed all together. I got as much as I could done without help (i.e. graphing and editing. Mom and Dad things. . . Bless their hearts. :)), and then went and slept as much as I could get until I needed to get ready for church. Total: 4 hours. The rest of the day (besides the three hour church block), I revised, edited, glued, graphed, printed, redesigned, and redesigned, and redesigned and redesigned again until it was all done! 2 o'clock in the morning is the exact time this was accomplished. 

So, currently, I am going on 8 hours of sleep for the past 48 hours. My world is a bit loopy, it's nice. I really am just glad that the project is over. The feeling of relief just might be one of the the best feelings to feel. It was icing on the cake when my teacher commented on how nice it looked, too.

The lack of sleep was almost worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations