Thursday, January 19, 2012

Partyin' Like It's Two Thousand & Twelve

I have finally come to the conclusion that if I don't at least attempt to post now, it will never, ever happen. So, here I am, sitting at my ancient computer, at 12:17 in the morning. :) The sacrifices I make for those people who love me enough to read this thing. Thanks.


No, actually, I'm studying for a Chemistry test. Correction. I was studying for a Chemistry test- I've finished. I did as much as I felt I need to. In all honesty, I feel somewhat confident about the test, which is a nice change to the past. . . oh, semester I've been in the class. Hopefully it goes well. Dimensional analysis has never been nor will it ever be my forte, so that's when I start knocking on wood. Nevertheless, I'll say what I always say: Pray for me, please. :)


So, as for the news of late, it's come to the point where I don't even know where to start. So, seeing as I'm an overly, and somewhat obnoxious, organizer, I'll do it in bullets:


Bullet number one:
  • Christmas: 
Christmas has dramatically changed the past two years over here at the Brocious house. You see, I am the youngest, and what that means is Santa no longer exists, 4:30 anticipation is no longer present, and we value our sleep and breakfast more than ripped paper and new things. And "things" now usually are limited to only one or two. Why? The answer is because every single member of this family-- all five-- wanted something at least 200 dollars; most of them were more. No longer are we living in the days of new toys and trinkets that cost a maximum of 15 dollars. The entire family received a trip to Chicago, which is on April 10th, Lauren got a laptop, my father got surround sound, Ashley got money and a phone, my mom got lots of clothing and also a new laptop, and as for me, well, I got a camera. A very nice camera which J'adore! 

Of course, we kids got everybody else gifts as well. As you should know, Ashley came home from China the day before Christmas Eve, so all of the gifts she gave were from China. She gave Lauren a scroll with her name in Chinese characters, she gave my dad some small replica terracotta warriors and also a chicken foot (Apparently, they sell them as some normal street vendor food. Disgusting.), She gave my mom a silk table runner, and she gave me a lovely key chain from Hong Kong Disneyland, and. . . . .drum roll please. . . . Pearls. Yes, real pearls- pearls that make me feel like Anne every time I wear them. I love them.




 Bullet number 2:
  • Christmas Break/New Years Eve
I spent all of New Years day watching Anne of Green Gables with Sydney Johnson. We did not scream and yell, we did not light fireworks, we did not bang pots and pans, we did not watch the ball drop. We were civilized human beings. The world is full of too many uncivilized people. It's completely unnecessary to encourage unwanted behavior just because of one day and one time that lasts exactly 60 seconds. I Celebrate quietly, and resolute to finish a resolution. Simple and to the point. :) Good. 


The actual Christmas break was glorious, though. I slept in everyday and did nothing. One day, though, I did go Ice Skating with Our good friends the Parsons and Dani Falslev on Utah Lake. It gave me a good excuse to use my camera. It was super fun too. Don't forget that detail. :)


 Bullet number three:
  • The "Other" Catagory
My aunt Julie's birthday was also during Christmas break, and so Ashley, my cousin Emily and her husband Phil, my other cousin Trevor, my other, other cousin Jake, and I ventured up to her house. Ashley told us all
about her China trip, Trevor told us hilarious stories about his mission, and all of this was done over a very, very delicious meal of steak, crab, salad, and bread, and whatever other delicious food was there because there was so much! (don't mind run-ons or badly punctuated whatevers.)

It was fun to get together with some of the cousins again. It's been such a long time since it's happened, and it felt like old times, which, just a slight burst of deja vu, is awesome. :)


Christmas ended, though, and second semester has started. The whole trasition has felt really odd to me. These past two days have just felt off. I don't know if it's the new bell schedule with 10 minutes passing periods, which by the way are really, really long, or early lunch everyday. Maybe a combination of both along with all the new classes. In reality, though, I only change 3 and one class is bumped down a period. Maybe it's also the fact that I am in classes with juniors and seniors, and it feels really weird. People I would never have guessed to be in a class with I am. Kind of feels like I'm in Freaky Friday, but not. I don't know how to explain it, so I'll just stop.


Anywho! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas break and a Happy (civilized) New Years! Welcome 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations