Friday, November 11, 2011

"Your Life Little Girl is an Empty Page That Men Will Want to Write On. . . You are 16 Going on 17 Fellows Will Fall in Line Eager Young Lads And Grueways and Cads Will Offer You Fruit and Wine"

This week just might have been, or will be one of the biggest weeks of my life. Besides the fact that I turned 16 yesterday, I also go on my first date tomorrow.

16 feels nice, but yet exactly the same and dramatically different all at the same time. Let's just say my brain is jumping around and is in no place to stop or even to make sense of anything that I'm feeling. When asked, "How does being 16 feel?" My reply is, "I don't know whether I should break down in tears or jump for joy!" Seriously, the fact that this age that I've been hoping and wishing for for basically my entire childhood is actually here. . . it's mind boggling, and a little frightening. I remember being 11, watching my older sister Ashley being 16, and doing so many fun things. I remember saying to my mom, "Mom, I just want to be Ashley's age- that would be the perfect age!" Boy was I naive! Just kidding. :) Now, I am that 16 year old, the responsibility that was basically placed right in my hands, doesn't know what to do with itself.

I've had a few epiphanys in the last two days, though. One being while sitting at lunch yesterday. Me and my friend Brandan were talking about my favorite topic: Cafe Rio. I told him how much I loved Cafe Rio, and if he ever wanted to just get me a random present, let's just say a birthday present, Cafe Rio would be a fantastic choice. (my hint was a joke of course, but it did have a hint of truthfulness to it. . . Yes, I'm good! :)) He then replied, "Well, if I had a car, I would take you there." My initial thought was dang! I can't go. . . and then my second thought was (and I spoke this one out loud; not particularly on purpose) Oh, yeah, I can date now! I can date. I CAN DATE NOW!!!!!!!!!

Which brings me to my next event.

Remember Preference? Remember my embarrassing story? Well, the big day is tomorrow. The big awkward day. I called him today to just make sure he was remembering about it. As soon as he picked up the phone, my voice started shaking and moving a million miles an hour. You know how when you give a talk in sacrament meeting your practiced slowed speech no longer applies, and you just look down at the paper in your hand- which is crumbling because you're holding it so tight? That's basically what happened. (Replace the paper with a phone and my audience with Emmy who was picking out books to take home, and you're golden) I just rambled the information off, and then said bye. The entire conversation lasted 57 seconds. I looked on my phone after. Heaven help us tomorrow when we actually have to socialize. In all honesty, though, I'm sure that we'll have a good time. I mean, we're playing games, a.k.a. Just Dance, for our day date. We'll warm up to each other and everybody else. It will be fun; I'm determined of it.

I made the same wish at 11:11. The first time better make it work, seeing as I was in room 11 at 11:11 on 11/11/11. The fact that I was in chemistry might make the chance go down, but that's what the second time was for. I won't tell you what I wished for, but you can probably guess. Don't say it out loud- I need it to come true! In fact, pretend it's 11:11 right now, and hurry and wish my same wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations