Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A New Day Goes Down in History


Today is a special day. You know why? I will tell you why:



Reason number 1: Today March 31st is the last day I ever have to get up at 4:30 in the morning for color guard! If you don't think this makes history, I'm proving you wrong. Have you ever woken up at 4:30 in the morning on a regular basis just to get a goose egg on your head? Probably not. Take it from experience. If you ever are faced with the obligation to have wake up at a vile hour to toss flags, you might want to revise your schedule. People will call you crazy. (Myself included. This is only because I have actually experienced what you must go through.)




Reason number 2: It is exactly one week before I go to Washington D.C.!!! Can you believe it! I sure can't. I remember opening that 12 days of Christmas box and seeing the flight information. It was THE BEST Christmas present ever. Yes, I just realized that that sentence was stupid, but it's true! :)




Reason number 3: It rained today! I can't tell you enough how much I love the rain! The smell, the feel of the raindrops, the sight of it falling as you are inside. Rain always makes me smile and allows me to realize that things can be washed away and new things can start. That's really what it feels like. I'm ending color guard and new places, people, and opportunities are awaiting me. A weird analogy, but it's true!




Sincerely, Sidney




No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations