Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

It's been 10 years since the attack. Crazy. I guess I don't really have any room to say anything about it since I was only 5 and in kindergarten, but I do remember it. vaguely. I remember school got really quiet, and I didn't know at all what was going on. I remember walking home with my sisters and neighbors who were older- and did understand- in silence. I remember asking them and asking them what was going on, but nobody would tell me. They were all too shocked. And then, I got home, and my mom was there watching the news and I saw the footage of that last plane going into the towers over and over and over again. I remember not understanding, just knowing that it wasn't good. I remember looking at the newspaper the next morning and the cover picture was of dusty and bloody men and women; firefighters and police officers.

And today, ten years later, I still don't understand it. But I do understand that this country has grown so much by the hardship of the attack. Just look at the good things of the country. We spend so much time worrying about the bad and what is happening to us, that we don't stop to look at the good things. Our country is more safe,  Hawaii is still paradise, Massachusetts still gets crisp, orange, yellow and red leaves in the fall that makes it looks like it's on fire, New York is still New York, and America is still free. It is free.  As much as people and Glenn Beck want to disagree with me, Obama loves this country. He does, and he's trying hard to do what's best.

And so, my tribute goes out to the men and women who died during the 9/11 attack. To the brave police officers and firemen and women who rescued so many people. Thank you. I remember you, and America remembers you, and you will never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annotations